Bacon Stuffed Mushrooms
- 16 ounces Baby Bella Whole Mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon Arizona Gunslinger Red Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 cup bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Clean mushrooms with a damp paper towel. Carefully break off stems. Chop stems extremely fine, discarding tough end of stems.
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and chopped mushroom stems to the skillet. Fry until any moisture has disappeared, taking care not to burn the garlic. Set aside to cool.
Once cooled, stir cream cheese, Red Arizona Gunslinger Jalapeno Pepper sauce, bacon, parmesan cheese, black pepper, onion powder, and cayenne pepper together.
Fill each mushroom cap with a generous amount of stuffing. Arrange the mushroom caps on clean cast iron skillet.
Sprinkle the mushroom caps with shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven, or until the mushrooms are piping hot and liquid starts to form under caps.