BBQ CHICKEN KABOBS with BACON and PINEAPPLE
- • 2 large chicken breasts cut into 1 1/2” - 2” chunks, salted lightly
- • 1 lb. bacon cut into 1” – 1 1/2 “ segments
- • Fresh pineapple cut into 2” chunks
- • 1 1/2 cups of ARIZONA GUNSLINGER SMOKIN' HOT BBQ SAUCE
- Combine chicken pieces with 1 cup of Arizona Gunslinger Smokin' Hot BBQ sauce and marinate for 2-3 hours. (This step can be omitted if you’re pressed for time!)
- Microwave bacon for 2-5 minutes, depending on the thickness of your bacon and how crispy you like it. Let bacon cool slightly.
- Using kabob skewers, thread chicken, bacon pieces and pineapple in a pattern. The larger pieces of pineapple are easier to skewer. Fold thin bacon pieces over in half and arrange next to the chicken, being careful to not put the bacon pieces too close to anything else, so that they have space to heat up properly to cook.
- Grill kabobs until chicken reaches 155-160 degrees F. Slather remaining 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce on kabobs when they’re nearly cooked. Cover loosely with foil and let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. Servings: 6-8