CARIBBEAN PINEAPPLE BAKED CHICKEN WINGS
- FOR THE WINGS:
- 4 pounds chicken wingettes/drumettes, washed and patted dry
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/3 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons Arizona Gunslinger Smokin' Hot Barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons jerk seasoning
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon Arizona Gunslinger Caribbean Hot Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with foil, then coat with nonstick cooking spray.
Toss the chicken wings with the salt and pepper and spread on the baking sheets in a single layer.
Transfer to the oven and cook for 15 minutes.
In the meantime, make the glaze: Put all the ingredients for the glaze in a medium pot. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cook until thickened, stirring occasionally about 10 minutes. Take off the heat, reserving about 1/4 cup for basting.
Baste each chicken piece with some of the glaze.
Return to the oven for another 10 minutes; baste again.
Return to the oven for another 10 minutes (or until the internal temperature registers at least 170 degrees F. Wings should cook for a total of 35-40 minutes and meat should easily come off the bone.)
Toss cooked wings with the remaining glaze in a large bowl; transfer to a platter and serve hot or at room temperature.