Cowboy Pasta Salad
- 1 pound dried mini pasta shells
- 1 pound hickory smoked bacon, diced
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- pinch red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Arizona Gunslinger barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons Spicy Brown Mustard
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 1/2 teaspoons Arizona Gunslinger Red Jalapeno Pepper Sauce
- 15 ounce can whole kernel sweet corn, drained
- 2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 5 scallions, diced
Bring a large pot of water to a boil; cook pasta until al dente according to package directions. Drain and rinse under cold water. Drizzle with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
In the meantime, saute bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat until crispy, about 10 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain off grease. Wipeout skillet, leaving a little of the bacon grease. Add the ground beef; cook, breaking it up with a wooden spoon, until cooked through and no longer pink, about 3 minutes. Season with the cumin, red pepper flakes, and with a pinch of salt and pepper. Drain off fat. Set aside to cool completely.
Enjoy right away or refrigerate until ready to serve.