Ginger Honey Garlic Chicken Tenders
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into 5-6 slices each
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 tablespoon oil
- oil for frying
- green onions
- 1/2 cup Gunslinger's Hot Honey Mustard BBQ Sauce
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon finely diced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/3 cup water
Preheat oil to 375 degrees F.
Combine sauce ingredients in a small pan. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes
In a bowl combine flour, Panko bread crumbs, and seasonings. Set aside. In a separate bowl, whisk together eggs, 3 tablespoon water, and 1 1/2 tablespoons oil.
Working with half of the flour mixture at a time (see note below) dip each piece of chicken in the egg mixture and then the flour. Dip it into the egg a second time and then the flour again to double coat it. Gently press the flour into the chicken. Shake off any excess. Place on a wire rack and continue until all chicken is coated.
Fry chicken in small batches until crispy and cooked through, about 5-6 minutes. Drain on paper towels.
Place cooked chicken in a large bowl, pour the warm sauce over and toss well to coat.
Top with green onions if desired and serve immediately.