Sweet Heat Chicken Wings
- 3 pounds of chicken wings and drums
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup of honey divided
- 1/2 cup butter melted
- 1/2 cup Arizona Gunslinger Sweet Heat Pepper Sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a large jellyroll or broiler pan with foil and place a metal rack on top of the foil. Spray rack with nonstick cooking spray.
- Rinse the wings in cold water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Arrange wings on the metal rack and season with pepper.
- Place wings in the oven and set a timer for 15 minutes. When the timer goes off, remove the wings from the oven and brush the wings with ½ cup honey. Be sure to glaze both sides of the wings, using metal tongs to turn.
- Place wings back into the oven set the timer for 30 minutes, and prepare the sauce.
- In a medium bowl, combine melted butter, remaining 1/2 cup of honey, Gunslinger's Sweet Heat sauce, cayenne, and garlic powder; whisk to combine.
- While the wings are baking, periodically baste both sides of the wings with the sauce (about every ten minutes). Once the timer goes off, crank the heat up to 400 degrees F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.